Tanning is an essential part of bodybuilding competitions. There are a number of categories that you can enter into. These include Bodybuilding, Figure, Athletic, Shape, Boardshorts and Bikini.
Stage lights have the effect of ‘draining’ the skin colour and it is for this reason that the tan is very dark. The tanning session starts with a base coat and then a number of top coats. The number of these top coats are determined by the category entered. This helps you to accentuate your muscles under the bright stage lights.
Our goal is to provide competition colour to you no matter which category you have entered into, so that the judges can evaluate your body condition and muscle development.
- All body waxing must be done at least 2 days prior to tanning.
- Shaving needs to be done at least 24 hours before tanning
- The base coat is best applied 2 days before the competition.
- Top coats are applied the day before the competition
- Pre stage products are applied on the day of the competition.
When you book your tan, you will receive a comprehensive list of tanning preparation via email.